Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Bhubaneswar, Jul 19:
In a ‘shocking’ phenomenon that has baffled residents and authorities alike, electric shock is being felt on the ground at Bijay magazine shop and the adjacent dress showroom near Ravi Talkies square in Odisha’s capital city.
While some claim that it happens because of an improperly insulated electricity wire that has been exposed to heavy rains, the exact cause is yet to be known. Even though the problem has been continuing since past three-four days, the electricity department has taken no concrete steps to address the issue.
The issue became a serious health and safety concern yesterday as hundreds thronged the road because of Rath Yatra of Lord Jagannath.
“One of the employees had to be hospitalized yesterday because of electric shock while he was cleaning the frontal area of the dress showroom. Overall, 4-5 people have already experienced the shock, but there has been no action,” said Harihar Behera, a local businessman.
The energy department officials, however, assured that it would take action after we spoke to them seeking their comments on the issue.