SHARE

Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Kendrapara, Dec 3:

In a tragic incident, a septuagenarian woman was critically injured in a fire that broke out this noon in Kendrapara district of Odisha while she was cooking.

fire

The injured identified as Santi Malik (70), wife of Sukadev Malik of Totasahi village in Chandol panchayat under Derabish block in the district, has been admitted to SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack.

According to reports, the elderly couple was living separately from their children. Today, while Santi was busy in cooking, the cooking pan on the earthen stove slipped out off her hand following which the hot oil caught fire. The flames went up so high that the thatched house caught fire.

The paralytic woman found it difficult to run away and sustained about 50 per cent burn injuries, reports said.

The fire tenders reached the spot to douse the fire and rushed her to Kendrapara District Headquarters Hospital for treatment.

Later, she was shifted to SCB Medical College and Hospital. Her condition is stated to be critical.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here