SHARE

Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Angul, Nov 26:

In an unfortunate incident, an elderly woman was burnt to death as blaze broke out from a bonfire lit by her inside the house where she was sleeping last night at Bhangamunda village under Kishore Nagar police limits in Odisha’s Angul district.

charred

The deceased was identified as Budhei Sahoo.

According to reports, Sahoo had lit the bonfire in the house before sleeping due to spine-chilling cold outside.

Unfortunately, fire broke out in the house from the bonfire while the woman was sleeping. Noticing the blaze, the neighbours informed Bamur Fire Station regarding the incident following which firefighters reached the spot and rescued Sahoo in a critical condition.

The victim was rushed to Kishore Nagar community health centre where she was declared brought dead.