Home STATE Eatery joint in IRC Village gutted

Eatery joint in IRC Village gutted

0
SHARE

Bhubaneswar, Apr 30:

Timely intervention by local people and fire brigade prevented the spread of fire that broke out in an eatery joint near CESCO sub-station in IRC village here this evening.

The eatery shop was reduced to ashes.

Reports said the shop caught fire after a gas cylinder placed inside burst all of a sudden. The fire spread fast and threatened to engulf three houses located right next to the shop. Alert local people then swung into action and tried to douse the flames while informing the Barmunda fire station.

The fire tenders which rushed to the spot immediately controlled the fire and ensured no major damage was caused to the nearby houses.

While the owner of the eatery escaped unhurt, the shop has been reduced to ashes, fire brigade sources said.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here