New Delhi, May 7 :
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Wednesday told a special court that sufficient evidence has not been found against Shah in the case.
An application had been filed earlier by Gopinath Pillai, the father of one of the three men killed along with Ishrat Jahan in a faked gunbattle in Gujarat June 15, 2004.
“In a response to an application filed by Gopinath Pillai about two months ago, the CBI said that evidence collected for the case is in the court. Amit Shah’s name has not been mentioned in the chargesheet. Now it is up to the court to decide,” said a CBI official.