Home ODISHA LATEST Cancel dodgy DQ allotments, start probe, Task Force tells Odisha govt

Cancel dodgy DQ allotments, start probe, Task Force tells Odisha govt

0
SHARE

Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Bhubaneswar, Nov 23:

The task force appointed by the Odisha government to review allotment of plots and houses under the discretionary quota (DQ) from 1995 onwards has recommended  cancellation of all irregular allotments made in favour of some influential persons within three months and initiate an independent investigation.

Taradutt, head of the three-member Task Force
Taradutt, head of the three-member Task Force

The state government had formed a task force headed by additional chief secretary, Revenue, Taradutt after the CAG, in its report, had cited instances of gross irregularities in the allotment of plots and houses under the discretionary quota.

Reliable sources said that the report of the task force, submitted to the state government, has stated that there has been illegal allotment of at least 2, 200 government plots and flats between 1995 and 2014.

About 200 persons have been allotted more than one plot or flats to ministers, MLAs, senior bureaucrats and journalists through the Bhubaneswar Development Authority (BDA), Cuttack Development Authority (CDA) and Odisha State Housing Board (OSHB) and General Administration (GA) department, the task force has said in its report.

The report has also stated that hundreds of plots have been illegally allotted to these persons on the basis of grab, pre-possession and transfer.
Besides, some employees of BDA, CDA and OSHB have also taken possession of more than one plot and flat at throwaway prices.

The task force has recommended to the state government cancellation of these illegal plots and houses of these persons in line with the  judgment of the Supreme Court in the 2G spectrum and coal block allotment and take possession of them within three months.

Besides, it has also recommended to the government to order an investigation through an independent agency.

Since the Centre was able to take possession of the 2G spectrum and the coal blocks though the companies had already started construction work on the basis of the apex court’s judgement, it is most likely that the state government would similar steps in the illegal DQ allotment.

It may be mentioned that the state government had formed a three-member task force onAugust 2 this year to probe the illegal allotment of government plots and houses under DQ made between 1995 and 2014.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here