New Delhi, March 23:
For some, summer means hitting the pool, burying yourself in a book and for others it is purely a season where you must learn to beat the heat. Bollywood actress Alia Bhatt says that one can enjoy the changing weather by planning a trip with your gang, keeping yourself hydrated and staying fit.
This summer, Cornetto brand ambassador Alia Bhatt shares a list of summer essentials that she swears by while launching the Cornetto Mini Disc Pack of Sharing!
* Sunglasses: This is absolutely the first thing everyone must reach out to when you step out in the sun. Not only does it add a hint of glam to your summer outfit but is also very important to protect your eyes from the rays
* Plan a trip to get away from the heat: Gather your girl gang and plan a quick getaway on the long weekends to the hills. A quick three-day trip will help you stay cool and come back to the city rejuvenated, and doesn’t take a long time to plan. What would be even better is a spa trip in the hills.
* Stay fit: The heat can completely wear you down and hence funking up your fitness routine is important. Heading out for a run in the heat really doesn’t appeal to anyone, there is no way that we are going to give up on staying fit just because it is summer. Hit the pool for some aqua-exercise, aqua Zumba or simply swim. These exercises are great for toning and easy on the joints, all the while staying cool.
* Always keep yourself hydrated: While no one stops their daily routine just for summer, you need to keep yourself hydrated all the time as the mercury rises. Make drinking water more fun with vitamin water, infused water, lemon water, iced tea if you are not a big fan otherwise. This will keep breakouts at bay.
* Summer wardrobe: To beat the heat, you need to beat it smartly. And you can do that only when you’re smartly dressed. Swear by light weight muslin, linen outfits that will keep you fresh and cool through the day.
* Spend the day in: When you are fed up of the heat and want to run far, far away but you can’t because of all the things tying you down, you can simply resort to staying indoors. Spending all those days battling the heat, we all deserve a day in. Rent a villa, or even your house, invite your friends home for a weekend of movies, breezy cocktails, a light fresh salad, and of course no party would be complete without dessert, so round things off with your own pack of sharing. After all a little indulgence hurt no one.