Do you get conscious due to dark patches on the knees, elbows or ankles? Well, stock up on lemon, baking soda and raw papaya to get rid of them, say experts.
Amit Sarda, Managing Director, beauty brand Soulflower, and beauty expert Bharti Taneja list some tips to get rid of dark patches on elbows, knees and ankles.
* Bleach your knees, elbows and ankles. Additionally if the patch is a bit more darker, you could use lemon. Squeeze the lemon and put some sugar in it. Now, rub gently to remove darkness. You can also use salt instead of sugar.
* Take a tablespoon of salt, add a few drops of lemon juice and a few drops of honey. Mix it well and scrub your dark patches. It will not only provide you relief from dark patches but also give you soft skin.
* Take a tablespoon of grated raw papaya. Add calamine and a few drops of pineapple juice to it and scrub. Use it regularly to get the best results.
* Apply potato juice and leave it overnight. Repeat it for a couple of weeks and see the difference.
* Baking soda works effectively to get rid of dark patches. Take baking soda and add a few drops of milk to make a thick paste. Apply it, see the results.
* The most effective and fruitful method is multani mitti (fullers earth) that has the potential to not only reduce the skin darkening but also fight skin infections.
* Mix a few drops of ylang ylang essential oil with castor carrier oil, and apply on the dark patch. They are rich in vitamin E and work efficiently on the skin. Opt for cold pressed oils as they help maintain all the essential nutrients in the oil which otherwise could be lost when heated.